A Licensed practical nurse (LPN) works under physicians and helps bedridden patients with their regular hygienic needs like bathing, dressing, changing clothes, etc. An LPN also records vital measurements like temperature, pulse, BP, and intake and output of foods. You should mention these skills in your LPN resume.
Licensed practical nurses work in different healthcare settings from hospital to home settings. Some LPNs specialize in certain type of treatments or work as a charge nurse, though some opt for advanced study and become a registered nurse.
To get a job as a licensed practical nurse you’ll need to submit a perfect LPN resume according to the advertised job description. Here is an LPN resume sample for you.
Writing LPN Resume Skills
Before leaning to the LPN job you should have a clear idea about the required skills and occupational hazards. You’ll need to write down some skills that will definitely help your LPN resume to stand out of the crowd.
Basically, an LPN provides bedside care for bedridden patients, but the duties vary from basic care to help in delivery and preparing and pushing injections. So, acquiring a wide range of skills will help you nail the job interview. You should have good communication skills and patient handling skills. Helping patients to bathe, dress, shave, clean, eat, etc. are included in a LPNs duty. Tracking vital signs and filing and retrieving are also vital skills and you should enter these skills into your resume. Having skills in the medical field like wound dressing and bandaging, giving injections, and helping physicians and senior nurses during delivery and care for newborn babies are also vital skills.
Writing LPN Resume Objectives
Here are some career objectives for licensed practical nursing resume.
- I am a certified nursing assistant (CNA) looking for higher responsibility and growth.
- Looking for a job in the healthcare industry utilizing my caring nature and medical knowledge.
- Desire a job as a licensed practical nurse to fulfil my dream of being a nurse.
- To obtain an LPN job and build a career in nursing field.
LPN Resume Sample
Amy J. Breeding
XX Brentwood Drive, Burnet, TX 78611
(000) 009-0000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a licensed practical nursing job in a specialized nursing home where I can utilize my nursing skills and years of experience.
- Skilled in taking vital measurements like BP, pulse, weight, intake and output of food, etc.
- Push injection.
- Call pharmacy for prescribed medicine.
- Help patients to maintain hygiene.
- Use patient records to complete insurance forms.
- Maintain relationships with patients.
- Very good communication skills with patients.
- Clean out medical equipment.
- Laboratory tests.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Excellent Nursing Home, San Jose, California
2012 – Present
- Take important medical stats like blood pressure, pulse, temperature, etc.
- Give injections to patients.
- Track and record patient health.
- Keep records of food and fluid input and output.
- Pre-authorization of patient treatment under insurance.
- Help patients to bed, bath, changed clothes, etc.
- Helped physicians and registered nurses during delivery.
- Massage patients and cure bedsores.
- Give prescribed medicines to patients.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Good Health Clinic, Burnet, Texas
2011 – 2012
- Take temperature, BP, weight, etc. of patient.
- Help patient to lie on bed.
- Give injections.
- Prepare insurance forms.
- Dressing patients’ wounds.
Licensed Practical Nursing Program
Brentwood Community College, Burnet (2011)
High School Diploma
New High School, Burnet (2010)